The idyllic village of Sesto in Val di Sesto, the neighbouring towns of San Candido, Dobbiaco, Villabassa and Braies and the towns and villages of East Tyrol offer you numerous interesting destinations for excursions during your holiday in Alta Pusteria.
- Sesto Dolomites: The Sesto mountains are your constant companion during your holiday with us. Highlights are the world renowned Three Peaks and the Sesto sundial, the largest stone sundial in the world.
- Val Fiscalina: Idyllic, romantic and of botanical importance - Val Fiscalina. Your walks start directly at our hotel.
- Nature parks and Culturonda®: Experience the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites!
- Bellum Aquilarum: The First World War was also fought in Sesto - on Croda Rossa. Brave soldiers had to defend the borders in high altitude and bitter cold. In the Bellum Aquilarum open-air museum you can see camps, positions, trenches and galleries.
- Rudolf Stolz museum: In the first half of the 20 century Rudolf Stolz was one of the most important artists in South Tyrol, surpassed only by Egger-Lienz. The museum displays over 160 works by the painter Rudolf Stolz who found refuge in Sesto during the First World War.
His most famous piece, the “Dance Macabre”, can be seen at the entrance to the cemetery of Sesto.
- Lago di Braies, Lago di Dobbiaco, Lago Misurina and other water treasures: Water is life! Visit the Alpine mountain lakes, the source of the Drava and other water treasures.
- Gustav Mahler music weeks and South Tyrol Festival: Music lovers should not miss these musical treats and should also visit the Gustav Mahler’s composing house.
- MMM – Messner Mountain Museum: The mountains have fascinated Reinhold Messner all lifelong! As a young man he climbed them during expeditions, today he dedicates museums to them. Visit the MMM-Museums on Plan de Corones, in Brunico and near Cortina.
- Lienz in East Tyrol is a charming small town, where every step takes you through history and through a lively present day. Stroll through the lanes and allow yourself to be inspired.